Pizza Box Frienship Quilt Round Robin (Take Two) - May 3 -East Northport - May 03, 2016
The first Pizza Box Round Robin was so much fun and the quilts are spectacular. So who wouldn’t want to get in the game. Here’s your chance. Have you ever wanted to join a round robin? If you don’t know what that is, let me explain. You contribute a center medallion block. This can be something you’ve made especially for this project or an orphan block you might have in your stash (you DO have a stash). You also contribute some fabric(s) you would like to have included in your quilt. The block is then passed around and each person contributes a border of their choosing. In the end we will have a pizza party where all the “round robin’s” will be revealed. You will be amazed how lovely these quilts will be. You may have already seen some at quilt shows.
This is a completely voluntary round robin, however if you sign up to do this you have to be committed for the entire time. Otherwise, those that are involved will have an incomplete quilt at the end.
• There is a one-time $25 start-up fee that includes a FREE book (VALUE $24.99) to inspire you to do fabulous borders.
• At the end, you will have a stunning medallion quilt.
• All boxes will be picked up and dropped off at the store. This will allow us to keep track of the boxes.
• There will be a bonus drawing at the end for everyone who dropped off their box on time. (That should be ALL of you).
• For this to run smoothly you must pick-up and return the box on the dates listed. The next person cannot start their border if you still have their box.
• Register and pick up your empty Pizza Box AND FREE PIECED BORDERS BOOK from Pieceful Quilting.
• Select the fabrics you love to put in the Pizza Box! You’ll need:
1 Central Block (orphan block or something you’ve made for this project. This block should be at least 12 1/2 inches but does NOT have to be square.
• 1 yard of a focal fabric (It’s a good idea to not use a very large print)
• 1 ½ yards of a background fabric
• 4 - 6 FQ’s of coordinating fabric (you can also use yardage if you want)
• Return the box (with your block and fabric in it) to Pieceful Quilting before May 3, 2016.
August 20, 2016 is time to pick up your completed box (finally!) Pizza Party!